Liquid Handling Training Theory and Practice Workshop
Quick summary of topics:
Low volume dry plate pipetting.
· Volume calibration.
· Setting up liquid classes.
· How to reduce liquid retention in tips when using the same tips for
· Multi-pipetting (e.g. take up 15µl and dispense 5µl to all plates
· How to mix properly after pipetting
Dilution Effects with Buffers
reagent and chemical compatibility
Overview of Validation and QC
Goals of the course:
- Familiarize you with the terminology and methods of automated liquid handling
- Discuss “optimal” pipetting techniques
- Learn about reagent and chemical compatibility issues
- Introduction to validation/QC testing options
- Review proper decontamination techniques
- Try hands-on operations on real liquid handling robots with an aqueous liquid class using a calibration kit modifying aspiration and dispense speeds with contact and non-contact dispensing handling “issues” (the majority of the class)!
Full Summary of Course Topics: